We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Matthew's at the Elephant.
Contact details of the PSOs and churchwardens:
Information about where to get help with child and adult safeguarding issues:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline:
Tel: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are worried about a child.
Tel: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline:
Tel: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline:
Tel: 116 123 (open 24 hours).
Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline:
Tel: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
Diocesan Safeguarding Team contact numbers:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton
Tel: 020 7939 9423
Mobile: 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Marie Daly
Tel: 020 7939 9441
Mobile: 07946 255295
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Louise Vernon
Tel: 020 7939 9462
Mobile: 07946 255622
The latest edition of ‘A Safe Church’ can be found below: